Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ASK ASH: WHO DOES YOUR HAIR

I think the question that I get asked the most is "Who does your hair?". I am fortunate enough to have a great stylist and great friend in Erin Savage. Erin and I became friends at the end of our 11h grade year in high school. In 12th grade she would sometimes style my hair when I was to lazy to. Erin has had every hair style, cut and color that you can imagine.
In 12th grade, back in 2003 she dyed her hair blond and shaved it all off, before we knew who an Amber Rose,talk about trendsetting.I love having Erin as my hairstylist, because I am comfortable with telling her when I don't particularly care for a style or what I think works for me. Every week like clockwork, I take a 45 minute drive to the salon that she currently works at in Jessup called HEADLINE HAIR SALON (410-799-4415), to make sure my hair is right! I'm currently on my way there now,lol!! I have very weird hair, so between me not getting relaxers, getting weaves , exercising and other aspects of life, I put a lot of wear on my hair, so keeping up the maintenance on it is essential.
Erin takes very good care of my natural hair, right now I am trying to restore my hair, to how it was before I started chemically abusing it with color.From about 15 to 20 I was blond, bleaching every few months. This lead to my hair breaking off. Now my hair is almost back to where I want it to be. My goal is for my natural hair to be at 18 inches next summer, right now I am at about 12, so 6 more inches to go!Every women should have that stylist who knows your hair and knows what does and does not work for your hair. Recently I have wanted to re dye my hair blond and Erin has said no! I will take her word for it!Love you much E!!

3 comments:

  1. Aaaawwwww tear...love ya back Ash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I love your hair, Erin is so talented and she's in my old neighborhood! I follow your hubby and he tweets your blog posts and I've been meaning to comment for awhile.

    Working out is so hard on my hair and I've been trying to figure out how to protect and manage it so I may be calling Erin to get like you.

    Great blog post.
    akilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww ain't that sweet! Erin is the bomb.com

    ReplyDelete