Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

American Music Awards 2009








Last night were the American Music Awards (AMA's) and I watched them and twitted with my twitter friends! It is so funny to see everyones comments about what is happening during shows!Before I even get into the award show let me say just because you are a fan of an artist DOES NOT mean you have to like EVERYTHING they say, do, wear, sing etc. somethings are just wack!! Ok, on to the show, the show opened with a much anticipated performance from Janet Jackson! She did a medley of her hits, her dance moves were ok, her face looked great but her outfit choice was terrible! It is obvious Janet has put on some weight and the shape of her performance pants were very unflattering. This is coming form someone who adores Janet Jackson! Her stylist could have done a much better job on our ICON Ms.Jackson. Jay Z and Alicia Keys' performance was dope, Jay looked extra spiffy in his white and black tux and Alicia is always beautiful. Rihanna's performance left me wanting more, when it ended I was sitting waiting for the next part, for a "comeback" it wasn't much, as for her performance outfit. it was just that A PERFORMANCE OUTFIT!! Ladies please I repeat, please do not try to attempt to wear an outfit like this out to a nightclub, that's tacky and since your friends won't tell you I will. Lady Gaga is just that GAGA, crazy as hell but entertaining non the least! Black Eye Peas had Baltimore Club music playing for their performance (yay Bmore) and Fergie looked great with her darker locks! I loved Jennifer Lopez' intro to her performance, mamacita is still one of the hottest chics in the game, at 40 years old and with twins, I can only hope I look that great at her age. She did slip during her performance but recovered well! Whitney performed and looked amazing, she truly is one of the best singers of our lifetime and I'm glad she is back and healthy.
As for the winners I definitely feel that Keri Hilson should have taken an award home, and what exactly has Eminem done this year (or the past few years) to be nominated for at least 2 awards?? I'm still confused on that one! Overall I got more entertainment from my twit followers then the awards itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment