Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Soul Train Awards 2009








Overall I enjoyed the SOUL TRAIN AWARDS, there were some gliches with editing and sound but otherwise ok!Letoya Luckett, Claudia Jordan and Fonzworth Bentley hosted the red carpet, they were ok! Letoya seems like a cool girl. The Show Host Taraji P Henson and Terrance Howard did a good job, and were able to show off their vocal talents. I think Tariaj would be an absolute perfect choice, if there is ever a movie mad about Diana Ross' life. Now for the Kiss between the two at the end....WTF, and where did that come from?? I was so unnecessary. There have been rumors that the 2 are now dating, and that is the reason for Terrance Howard's recent split from his fiance'! Maybe , maybe not! I thought Toni Braxton and Trey Songz performance was great, Toni sings and looks better then ever, she is an amazing singer. I'm sure that petty kiss they did during their performance is not the reason for her marriage breaking up. I am SO happy that Keri Hilson won for BEST NEW ARTIST. I think she a good singer, and an amazing writer and has good personal style, she is her own person, I love it!She looked great during the night, hair and make up fabulous! Her performance was ok, she does not appear to be much of a dancer! Beyonce' won for best album of the year.Robin Thicke is an honorary black person, i love his voice!!I also liked the medley of 90's music with Boys II Men, Johnny Gill, Chico Debarge and others! 90's R&B is my favorite era of music! I changed the channel for a bit of Charlie Wilson's tribute ( sorry the RAVENS were playing), but I did catch K-Ci......I feel so sorry for him, he is completely talentless now! Say No to Drugs! And Kandi clearly forgot the words, when performing with Brian McKnight. Chaka Khans tribute was great and she's still has pipes!I did not know who Ledisi was, my twitter friends let me know I need to get familiar! So I will be checking her music out! The DMV represented at the awards in a major way, Mario, Raheem Devaughn, Toni Braxton, Johnny Gill, and Ginuwine! This market has so much talent!The ATL housewives were there to introduce and they looked ok! I was not feeling Lisa Wu Hartwell's Matrix inspired leather dress! I love Lisa, but there is a right and wrong way to wear a leather dress and that was so wrong! The one thing that did disappoint me was the fashion!! I'm always looking at what people are wearing and nobody really did any outfit changes!! My words of wisdom is do not perform in the outfit you walked the red carpet in and if you perform do not change back in to the outfit you walked the red carpet in! From my twitter friends I see some people had mixed feelings, I overall enjoyed them everyone who performed good really SING , and that's what R&B and soul music is about! It wasn't a hip hop or pop show! Did you like it??

No comments:

Post a Comment