Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammy's Fashion 2010













It is award season, which means fashion on the RED CARPET! I think that I actually prefer to watch the Pre-Show Red Carpets instead of the show, to see what everyone is wearing, I love Fashion! I was very UNDERWHELMED at that red carpet fashion for the 2010 Grammys! When I think of the Grammy's I want to see fun, flirty, sexy, glamorous and risque ATTIRE, everyone seemed to have played it a little to safe. Singers Miley Cirus and Fergie wore "cute" dresses as well as the 4 time mom,the SUPER GOURGE Heidi Klum, but they all reminded me of something that I would wear to at club, not a red carpet affair. Jennifer Hudson wore a dress by Victoria Beckham , that I have been eyeing and waiting for it to be sold publicly for months, but the dress is something I personally would wear to dinner or cocktails with friends, not the Grammys. No one really gave me that WOW, or hit me with that fashion orgasm that I had anticipated. Although a few did stand out that gave me some excitement.Beyonce wore a dress by Stephane Rolland, that fit her beautifully. I love the architectural shape of the dress along with the geometric designs on it, I would have liked to have saw her hair done differently and a more delicate choice in earrings.Singer Pink definitely is a top contender for my best dressed, I love Mermaid shape on women because it accentuates and gives curves. Her dress was two tone going from a faint to a deep gray,the underlaying corset was decked with stones, it was risky and edgy, Loved it! Best New Artist nominee Keri Hilson also went with this mermaid style and looked SUPER GOURGE, make up was flawless.Another dress that stood out to me was Grammy winner, Taylor Swift, I love sparkle and the very dark green against her skin was amazing. Grammy Winner Singer Rihanna gave me mixed feelings, I love a white gown, its something so elegant yet sexy about white gowns, and her Elie Saab dress was SUPER GOURGE from the waist down!The feather and beaded bodice was a bit too much, I think a deep neckline with the feathers carefully placed would have done it for me, but her hair and makeup was fabulous.My worst dress would definitely have to go to Britney Spears with a close runner up, Ciara. Now, the black with he mesh/lace look is UBER sexy right now, when done right!!And these 2 did it ALL wrong! Britney looks as if she dressed herself, what happened to her stylist? And Ciara has very strong features and should also sexy it up with very feminine touches, I think a black sute with lace accents would have worked a lot better. Neither were acceptable in my book for either they no better! My STANDOUT of the night has to go to none other then LADY GAGA! She walked on the Red Carpet in custom made Giorgio Armani Prive, the dress was GAGA none the least! Definitely not something that I would wear ever, but she is a risk taker and originally, you have to respect her for that! My hope for next year is that musical artist take a little more risk, throw in some sparkle and shine, leather and lace! Its all about the FASHION!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Beyonce's dress was spicy but her hair was too safe.I loved Taylor's look very old Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor looked amazing that night!!

    ReplyDelete