Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Love is In The Air


With Valentine's Day this week and one of my friends Tamarie, who is writing a paper on Women's standards in relationships and asked for my opinion, I wanted to dedicate many of my post this week to LOVE,relationships and Valentine's Day ideas! I love LOVE, I guess you could call me a hopeless romantic. I love to see two people genuinely happy to be together! To me,Love is when you have found that one person that you can be YOURSELF around. It does not involve a bunch of changing on either end. If you have to change so much about yourself that you don't even know who you have become, that person is NOT the one for you. Honestly if I weren't in my marriage, I would want a relationship like it! Not to brag, or put my marriage on a pedestal but it is great. My husband and I are each others biggest supporters, in what we want to do in life. He has never tried to deter me from my dreams,and I am always the 1st person supporting something that I think will make him happy and more successful. We have a strong respect for one another and that is great! You have to be respectful of one another, neither of you are children and should not be treated as so. A major part of our relationship is that we talk and laugh together and like to go out and have fun, I never understood couples that never are seen out together, I feel they are hiding something! Now I am all for privacy, and you all will never know what gos on behind closed doors of our house, but as Quick says "I got a bad wife and I want to show her off",lol! That's just our way of making things work, he has to be out a lot anyway, so many times he wants me to come along. But that's just us, I understand every couple is different, but my main advice is, that if you cant be the person you were before your relationship and the person you are around your family and friends with your partner, then you need to get out now or you will lose the sense of self,if you havent already!

No comments:

Post a Comment