Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MY TOP 10 SUPERGORGE LIST

I decided to compile a top 10 List of my picks for Super Gorge women in entertainment of all time! All of these women are beautiful , and not ranked by looks, but by the impact that they have had in my life!! Enjoy

10.Marilyn Monroe is the ultimate ICON! Beautiful,sexy and yet misunderstood and lonely. Marilyn Monroe's death has left us with so many unanswered questions, this has lead us to have a never ending intrigue of the Blonde Bombshell.

9.Tina Turner I love,love,love, me some Tina Turner, I have even dressed up as her twice for Halloween (ages 10 and 24). She is our queen of rock, who embodies talent, strength and sex appeal. Ms. Turner ,turns 72 in 2 weeks, and is badder then ever!

8. Kim Kardashian Everyone knows how much I adore Kim Kardashian. This woman is drop dead SUPER GORGE! Kim, along with her family, she has taken a negative thing (sex tape) and flipped that into becoming America's family and building a multi tier, multi million dollar franchise. Between Reality Shows, clothing lines, books, perfumes, stores and the list goes on, I don't think Kim Kardashian and her family will be fading away anytime soon.

7.TLC Growing up I was a Huge fan of TLC. I love that they stood for female empowerment and safe sex. TLC, at their career peak , was the largest selling girl group ever. I own ever album, and I am always reminded that we all have a little CRAZY SEXY COOL in us! R.I.P.Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez

6.Janet Jackson There is a long running joke in my family that I am Janet Jackson's secret love child. Every since I can remember I have been a fan of the Jackson Family, but of course Michael and Janet stood out. I remember one summer have long big braids like Janet did in POETIC JUSTICE, glad that went out of style,lol. Janet is truly an Icon with a great career behind her, I am looking forward to what the future hold for Janet, Ms.Jackson if you're nasty!

5.Jennifer Lopez What can I say about J.LO, she does it all, sings,acts,dances,designer,mother,wife and home girl. I remember 1st seeing Jennifer Lopez in SELENA , it is 1 of my favorite movies. Jennifer Lopez is one of the few people who hav that IT factor about herself and has great personal style that is very glamorous.Kudos to you Jennifer for merging Fabulous with street chic, and remaining true to who you are.

4.Halle Berry Halle Berry, Halle Berry (In my Hurricane Chris Voice)! Halle Berry has been called the most beautiful woman in the world, and it is kind of hard to argue with that, she is seemingly perfect. I became a fan of Ms.Berry's in LOSING ISIAH, she gave a stellar performance. In 2002, when she became the 1st African American woman to win an Oscar for Best Actress,I cried right along with her, she deserved that award and it was way past due for African American women. Halle Berry is now a mom,thee ultimate M.I.L.F. and with age she seems to get better and better.



3.Beyonce' The one and only BEYONCE'.Some days I can just listen to Beyonce's music all day. Her voice is so powerful and let's not forget how beautiful she is.Beyonce' always gives great performance, I never miss her when she is in the area. I remember 1st coming across Destiny's Child in a Teen People magazine a few months before No,No,No hit the radio and I was instantly a fan.I have followed Beyonce' throughout her career and I can not wait to see what she does next. Beyonce is truly a legend already and has so much more that I am sure will accomplish.


2.Dorothy Dandridge
Years before Halle Berry played the Late Dorothy Dandrige in , INTRODUCING DOROTHY DANDRIDGE, I became mesmerized by the beauty that is Dorothy Dandridhe. While researching for a Black History report I came across and article on Ms. Dandridge and instantly loved her and also sympathized with her. Her life was full of ups and many downs. After reading reading the article on her,I learned that life isn;t better just because you are beautifful, sometimes it is actually harder, you have to constantly prove yourself.Thank you Ms. Dandrige for paving the way for so many African American women to be able to even walk through the front door of a night club!I have a picture of Dorothy Dandridge hanging in my closet, the picture reminds me to strive to be better.

1.Aaliyah
No entertainer has made an impact on my life as Aaliyah, has done!I was 1st introduced to Aaliyah's music around the age of 8 when her 1st album "Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" dropped. I was immeadiately drawn to her and felt connected because I had someone who I felt looked like me!For years I would immulate Aaliyah's style, the swoop and baggy jeans.I truly miss her as an entertainer, she appeared so humble and passionate about her work. Aaliyah's star was just begginning to shine so bright when she departed this world at the young age of 22!Aaliyah was truly ONE IN A MILLLION! R.I.P. Baby Girl

HONORABLE MENTION:: Jada Pinkett Smith, Heidi Klum, CHER, Elizabeth Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Cher most definitely! Anytime you can be over the age of 60 and wear a leotard and fishnets like it was the 80s is on my list! I LOVE Cher. Great list!

    ReplyDelete