Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SEX AND THE CITY 2 NYC RED CARPET PREMIERE

1 more day until my ladies and I go see SEX AND THE CITY 2!!! I am uber excited, I'm sure you can tell. I've been watching my DVD of all the seasons, getting myself amped up. It's a hard to believe that we met the fab four (Carrie,Samantha,Charlotte and Miranda) 12 years ago, I was only 12 *gasp*! I believe that SEX AND THE CITY has been somewhat of a learning tool for todays woman. What I have learned over the years from SEX AND THE CITY , is to be fearless and have a since of self. The series also taught me to cherish friendships,men can come and go, jobs can come and go, but finding dear friends is one of the greatest gifts that GOD gives us! I hope you all find time to meet up with your dearest friends and go see the movie!!
Last night in New York City, was the big premiere of SEX AND THE CITY 2! All of us "SEX"AHOLICS were treated to a live USTREAM ,directly from the Red Carpet. All the ladies showed up looking fabulous, of course, but none shined brighter then the alter ego of Carrie Bradshaw, Sarah Jessica Parker. She donned a one shoulder, asymmetrically neon yellow Valentino Couture gown,and the waves in her hair were absolutely perfect.

Co-Star Kristen Davis (Charlotte York) also wore neon, but in the hue of pink. I swear Kristen does not age.
Kim Catrall (Samantha Jones) wore a low cut yellow and gold gown, I did not love it, and I think it looked better on the USTREAM then in this picture. I was expecting a little more sexiness from "Ms.Jones", but she was still fab,nonetheless. Cynithia Nixon (Miranda Hobbs), black gown suited her personality, but I would have loved for her to give us some color,maybe a neon blue, her dress was too safe, a bit boring.
Besides the fab four ,my standout of the night was , The City's Whitney Port. She looked SUPERGOURGE in her black sweetheart mini dress, with a gathered hem line. The dress was very Carrie-esque. And of course where there is a fashion winner , there has to be a loser. Gabourey Sibide , where in the world is your style team?? Now before anyone jumps down my back, I am in NO way making fun of her, if Jennifer Lopez showed up in this horrendous ensemble, I would say the same thing!The hair, the make-up, that awful dress, and those shoe,those shoes, those shoes, what was she thinking? Honorable mention goes to Ashanti,something is a little off, maybe it's the hair, she just can never seem to get it right in the fashion department!

5 comments:

  1. ha@Gabourey Sibide i would start to make the arguement that things dont come in her size. BUT NOOOO shes way too famous and there are tons of designer dying for the chance to dress a big name! andddd this is the sex and the city red carpet, its a MUST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coutney, I totally agree, some deisgner could have made her something fabulous to wear! If that was all I had to wear I would have stayed home and went to the movies to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dnt knw wtf Ashanti was thinking that outfit is horrible 4 any event....Gabourey Sibide I dnt know who her friends are, but she shldn't have even come out of the house wit that on lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to disagree with you about Ashanti, she dresses very nice...*shrugs* I thought what she had on was very appropriate for a movie like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok whoever is on Gabbys team needs to be fired. Family, friends or whoever. That is not cool especially to the Sex and the City red carpet!!. Cmon her whole look is just...wrong.

    ReplyDelete